David H. Leach, M.D.
Tampa Eye Clinic
3000 W. Dr. M. L. King, Jr., Boulevard
Tampa, Florida 33607
PH: (813) 877-2020
FX: (813) 872-7387
BS, Biology 1981 Tufts University, Medford, Massachusetts
University of Michigan Medical School 1985 Ann Arbor, Michigan
Henry Ford Hospital 1986 Detroit, Michican
Henry Ford Hospital 1990 Detroit, Michigan
Cornea, External Disease and Refractive Surgery Fellowship
LSU Eye Center, Louisiana State University Medical Center 1992 New Orleans, Louisiana
Herbert E. Kaufman, M.D. and Marguerite B. McDonald, M.D.
Hospital/Surgery Center Affiliations
- St. Joseph’s Hospital, Tampa, Florida
- Tampa Eye and Specialty Surgery Center, Tampa, Florida
Tampa Eye Clinic 3000 W. Dr. M.L. King, Jr., Boulevard Tampa, Florida 33607
- Diplomat American Board of Ophthalmology 1991
- Diplomat National Board of Medical Examiners 1986
- Radial Keratotomy Course, LSU Eye Center, New Orleans, Louisiana, 1992
- Excimer Laser Course, LSU Eye Center, New Orleans, Louisiana 1990
- “Comparison of Tobramycin to Ceftazadime Using Collagen Shields for Pseudomonas Corneal Ulcers in Rabbits,” Henry Ford Hospital Alumni Mtg., Detroit, Michigan, 1990
- “Measurement of Intraocular Pressure over Bandage Contact Lens Comparing Applanation Tonometry to Pneumotonography and the Tonopen,” Henry Ford Hospital Alumni Mtg., Detroit, Michigan, 1989
- “Contrast Sensitivity Measurements and Glare Testing in Patients with Familial Corneal Clouding Disorder Secondary to Hypercholesterolemia,” Henry Ford Hospital Alumni Mtg., Detroit, Michigan, 1988
- “The Effects of Healon in Inhibiting Vasculogenesis in Chick Embryo Limb Buds,” Henry Ford Hospital Alumni Mtg., Detroit, Michigan, 1986
- Henry Ford Hospital , Department of Ophthalmology, Guyton Alumni Meeting Resident Research Award (First Prize) 1986 – 1990
- University of Michigan Medical School, Honors in Ophthalmology, ENT, Surgery, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Radiology, Neurology, Biochemistry and Embryology 1981- 1985
- Tufts University, Cum Laude, Class of 1981 Scholarship for Academic Record, Leadership and Service 1981
- American Medical Association
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology
- International Society of Refractive Keratoplasty
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Tampa Bay Ophthalmology Society
- Hillsborough County Medical Association
- Florida Medical Association
- Cass, Gary, M.D., Reynolds, William, M.D., Lorenzen, Timothy, M.D., Leach, David, M.D., Matson, Debra, R.N., and Carpenter, Randall, M.D.: Randomized Double-Blind Study of the Clinical Duration and Efficacy of Nesacaine, MPF 2% and 3% in Peribulbar Anesthesia
- Leach, D.H.: Updrawn pupil: Part IX Iris and Ciliary Body. Chapter 80. In: Ophthalmic Surgery : Approaches of the Masters. F.H. Roy (Editor). Lea & Febiger, Philadelphia (In Press).
- McDonald, M.B., Leach, D.H.: Myopic photorefractive keratectomy: US Experience. Chapter 3. In: Excimer Laser Surgery: The Cornea. F.B. Thompson and P.J. McDonnell (Editors) 1993.
- McDonald, M.B., Leach, D.H.: Epikeratophakia: Human and Synthetic. In: Ophthalmology Clinics of North America: Contemporary Refractive Surgery. K.P. Thompson and G.O. Waring (Editors). Vol. 5/No. 4 Dec. 1992. W. B. Saunders Co., Philadelphia, 1992.
- Insler, M., Caldwell, D., Leach, D.: Peripheral Corneal Disease: Pterygium and Terriens Marginal Degeneration. Chapter 29. In: Corneal Surgery: Theory, Technique, and Tissue. F. Brightbill (Editor). C.V. Mosby, St. Louis, 1992.
- McDonald, M.B., Morgan, K., Kaufman, H.E., Leach, D. H.: Epikeratophakia: Theory and Technique. Chapter 38. In: Corneal Surgery: Theory, Technique, and Tissue. F. Brightbill (Editor). C.V. Mosby, St. Louis, 1992.
- Liu, J.C., Steinemann, T.S., Leach, D.H.: Reduction of Postkeratoplasty Astigmatism with Two Adjustable Suture Techniques. Abstract, submitted for 1991 AAO meeting, Anaheim, California.
- McDonald, M.B., Leach, D.H., Salinas, R.F., Varnell, R.J., Byrd, T.J., Lehman, E.L, Kaufman, H.E.: Excimer Laser Update: PRK, PTK, and Experimental Hyperopia Data. Abstract, submitted for 1991 AAO Meeting, Anaheim, California
- Leach, D.H., McDonald, M.B., Byrd, T.J., Liu, J.C., Steinemann, T.S., Lehman, E.L.: Corneal Epithelial Iron Deposition after Excimer Laser Ablation (PRK). ARVO abstract #1614, Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci Suppl 31:997, 1991.
- LSU Eye Center , Department of Ophthalmology:
- Study of Reduction of Postkeratoplasty Astigmatism with Two Adjustable Suture Techniques
- Corneal Iron Deposition after Excimer Laser Ablation (ARVO Poster)
- Co-Investigator, VISX Twenty/Twenty Excimer Laser System, Photorefractive Keratectomy (PTK) Clinical Trial
- Co-Investigator, VISX Twenty/Twenty Excimer Laser System, Phototherapeutic Keratectomy (PTK) Clinical Trial
- Primate study to investigate the safety and efficacy of larger diameter, aspheric ablations for high myopia
- Long-term follow-up of PRK I blind eye patients
- Henry Ford Hospital, Department of Ophthalmology:
- Comparison of tobramycin to ceftazadime using collagen shields for pseudomonas corneal ulcers in rabbits
- Measurement of intraocular pressure over bandage contact lens comparing Applanation tonometry to pneumotonography and the Tonopen
- Contrast sensitivity measurements and glare testing in patients with familiar corneal clouding disorder secondary to hypercholesterolemia
- Investigation into the effects of healon in inhibiting vasculogenesis in chick embryo limb buds, and its relation to intraocular use