What is skin resurfacing?
Skin Resurfacing (also known as microdermabrasion) is a treatment that improves wrinkles, skin texture and color by removing the topmost layer of skin leaving it more supple and vibrant. Skin Resurfacing also stimulates the elastic tissue beneath the surface of the skin resulting in a healthier and firmer appearance. Skin Resurfacing treatments are administered by a trained aesthetician. Skin Resurfacing can reduce the effects of aging on our skin. Years of sun exposure and the aging process take their toll on the skin, creating lines, wrinkles, and changes in texture and color. Not only is the face affected by these changes, but the neck, chest, cleavage, arms and hands may be as well.
How does DiamondTome Skin Resurfacing work?
Safe, clean, precise, and effective, the DiamondTome™ Skin Resurfacing wand removes the outer layer of skin (stratum corneum) by gently exfoliating the skin with natural diamond chips, while at the same time vacuuming the dead skin cells away in a sterile and controlled method. Removing this outer layer of dead skin cells leaves a smoother texture and promotes the growth of healthy new skin cells. A wonderful alternative or compliment to chemical peels, the DiamondTome™ Skin Resurfacing treatment is non-invasive, non-surgical, pain-free and requires no down time from work or social activities after treatment. Your skin will appear flushed immediately after treatment but should return to normal within 30 minutes. Normal activities may be resumed immediately.
What are the Benefits of DiamondTome Skin Resurfacing?
DiamondTome™ Skin Resurfacing offers benefits to anyone who wants to improve specific skin conditions and rejuvenate the overall health and appearance of their skin. Ideal for a special event and for people on the go, exfoliation treatments using the diamond tipped wands offer the following exceptional benefits:
- Rejuvenates sun damaged skin on the face, neck and upper chest (décolleté), shoulders, back, arms, hands, and legs (body wand used for other areas).
- Reduces age spots on face and body (such as sun spots on your hands).
- Smoothes fine lines and wrinkles.
- Minimizes blotchy skin coloring.
- Reduce acne and superficial scars from past injury.
- Extracts blackheads andwhiteheads.
- Controls oily skin.
- Reduces size of pores.
- Improves overall skin health.
How is DiamondTome™ Skin Resurfacing better than traditional microdermabrasion that uses chemical powders and crystals?
- Exfoliation occurs only as the wand is drawn across the skin.
- No loose crystals or other abrasives that contaminate you or your environment.
- Even at its highest settings, DiamondTome™ is regarded as a gentler resurfacing system yet provides more dramatic results than other skin care systems.
- Achieve skin rejuvenation without the adverse effects of loose particles, burning, redness, irritation, and skin reactions.
- The precise diamond wand chip size and vacuum settings assure the appropriate amount of exfoliation that will produce uniform results.
Leading facial plastic surgeons and dermatologists regard the DiamondTome™ system as being more gentle and affective than other exfoliating systems, even at higher settings. The length of the treatment and number of treatments vary depending on skin type and condition. Results are gradual but highly effective. Most people experience softer, smoother skin after their first treatment and will continue to improve with additional treatments. Treatment series vary from four to ten sessions depending on the type of skin and skin condition being treated.
Call 813-367-1915 to set up a DiamondTome™ Skin Resurfacing appointment with our Clinical Aesthetician today!